Today's episode is all about our shadow self, or the dark parts of ourselves that we'd rather not acknowledge or shine a light on. Unfortunately, burying those qualities in the sand or turning away from our lesser liked qualities only makes them grow stronger and louder. So let's take a walk on the dark side and embrace the less positive aspects of our selves. Because the real question isn't whether you have
a dark side, it's whether you acknowledge
your dark side.
We’d love to hear from you!
Do you view self-care as an act of self-love and compassion? If so, what does that look like in your life? If not, how would you define the concepts of self-care and self-love?
- Aspects of our selves that we don't like — AKA our shadow selves
- The downward spiral of being late
- Staying present to the shadow aspects of ourselves
- Addictive personalities and behaviors
- Red flags and warning signs of when things are out of control
- Impulsivity, regrets, and drama-filled living
- Forgiveness and empathy for the parts of yourself that you don't love
- The gifts of discomfort and pain when creating change
- Our connection to "things"
- Clearly defined values and how that sets the tone
- Using the shadow aspects as an indication that something is off
- Curiosity versus judgment and reactivity
Hit us up: