Putting it out there for everyone to see.
Have you ever wondered why some people feel compelled to share every single detail of their lives with strangers on the internet? We totally do. Which is why decided to spend an entire episode talking about it. We also wanted to explore the landscape of vulnerability and openness that comes as a direct result of blogging and sharing online through platforms like Twitter and Instagram. And, of course, we selfishly wanted to understand our own reasons for being so open and public about the ups and downs of our lives. So fire up your podcast queue and join us for a deeply personal conversation around being vulnerable and sharing our journeys — from the early days of blogging all the way through to the current landscape of social media and podcasting.
We'd love to know!
What is your relationship to sharing personal stories and struggles — your own or reading about others — through a blog or via other social media platforms?
- How Emily got started with blogging and social media
- How things have changed in the online landscape over the years
- Betsy's journey with blogging and sharing the details of her life
- Why we feel compelled to share deeply personal things with complete strangers online
- Purging old content and shutting old blogs down
- How blogging brings personal accountability
- What happens when the urge to run and hide crops up
- Knowing where we don't want to go and pushing the boundaries of our online worlds
- Writing that isn't driven by the need to "grow" a blog or make it big
- Shame, fraudy feelings, and showing compassion for ourselves
- The power of authenticity while also setting limits around what gets shared
- Taking a break and going radio silent from time to time
- Our love/hate relationship with social media
Hit us up: